Gardening, with a passion, everyday!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A FEW NEW THINGS IN THE GARDEN

The weather hasn't been as nice here, in April, as it had been in March, but my growing season still goes on.  I discovered a good way to germinate seeds again this year, and had to ask myself, "why didn't I think of that sooner"!

Soda bottles work great on a window sill for germinating seeds

Tomato seedling growing in there homemade terrarium


I also has geranium roots overwintered in paper bags in the basement, soaked them and planted them up last week and they have sprung to life quickly!


This one has a little flower blossom on it.


My vegetable sprouts are growing right along in the garden window and my hope is the weather will continue to improve daily so planting can take place by the end of may, I'm crossing my fingers!  Happy gardening everyone!








5 comments:

  1. Boy you really do have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those geraniums look great. Like the terrariums too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soda bottles; brilliant! I have been gardening for years and never thought of this - thanks for the tip!

    Debra, Gardens Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, Since your idea was so good I had to share, I picked up your latest post for my magazine, Flea Market Garden Style, and linked back to your Blog; I hope you don't mind the extra exposure! The link is http://bit.ly/HlX6tI ~ Debra, Gardens Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! I'm very jealous that you were able winter over geraniums. I need to learn this trick from you! I love the soda bottle mini green house! Brilliant! Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete