Gardening, with a passion, everyday!

Monday, February 6, 2012

GERANIUMS

Geraniums are a pretty easy plant to save from year to year and all the methods I have tried all worked.  The method I like the best is the paper bag one, which consists of cutting back each plant, dig out, put the plant in a paper bag and roll the bag down.  As easy as can be, and all you need to do is soak the roots in water once a month and re bag it.

There are little flowers on the stems


I also experimented with leaving two pots of geraniums intact, the only thing I did was cut them short and these I water once a month too and keep a paper bag covering them in a dark corner of the basement.





The plants do have growth on them, in the pots and in the bags.  There are actual  flowers on the stems each month when I take them out to soak, not sure if that's good or not. but this is an experiment after all so I'm sure Ill find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment