Gardening, with a passion, everyday!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MY OWN LITTLE PARADISE

     My pond is the focal point of my backyard, surrounded by all my flower gardens.  It has the ability to attract birds and butterflies and soothe the savage beast in all of us.  Its melodious tunes of the waterfall has a mesmerizing aura.  I call it my summer paradise.

     Don't get me wrong, among the beauty there is alot of hard work that takes place.  I have been working on my pond for years to come up with the perfect Eco balance.  The fish and plants keep the pond clean in the summer and fall and overwinter in there aqua oasis in the winter and spring.  Oxygenaters are added to the water in late fall and a large hole is pounded in the pond daily in the winter to keep the toxic gases from building up.

Late summer

summer pond






winter pond

No comments:

Post a Comment